Repairing Emotional Isolation by Reawakening Deep Nature Connection
This is me, Jon, at GrandPark TedX in December of 2019 sharing stories from times with my mentor during my boyhood, and some other stories from elsewhere in my life and experience. My childhood mentor was Tom Brown, Jr. who I met on a street corner in our neighborhood in 1971. These stories lead to other threads with other people around the world who are deeply connected to the Earth.
During my talk, I celebrate how accessible these supportive processes of connection can be for all.
If you would like a free sample, see the Connection First offering that I put together with Michi Burger, nature connection mentor, and with support from Sarah Fontaine, healer. We designed this offering for people during our challenging times.
My personal mission is to support the benefits of connection to nature, to ourselves and to one another for all people. Since 1979, I have researched a single theme: why do some social groupings of people consistently facilitate deep nature connection, while others do not? The search for answers over the last decades have helped me to collect and evolve truly consistent and dependable methodologies that predictably influence the positive outcomes associated with connection to nature, people and self.
My current projects—The Living Connection 1st Village and the Natural Mind Journey—both combine over 40 years of experience, research and development to an enterprise combining ancient and modern technologies. Through this endeavor, we will bring the attributes of connection to many, many people world wide while supporting practitioners within this network. We are collaborating with San Bushman experts who still live their ancestral ways to provide their wisdom to the platform. This will provide this special community with a meaningful role of service to the world and the support they need to live and thrive.
Attributes exhibited by people who have experienced the benefits of connection are:
1) Happiness: childlike wonder, curiosity and innocent joy,
2) Vitality: a feeling of an abundance of energy in the body,
3) Focus: Capacity to listen to others unconditionally and mentoring,
4) Empathy: for people and other living beings,
5) Visionary: A deep ethic born of conscious awareness of our interdependence with all others resulting in a commitment to service to others, the future generations, conservation, sustainability and regenerative living principles,
6) Aliveness: Increased sense of gratitude and appreciation for life itself,
7) Love: Greater capacity for understanding, compassion and forgiveness, and
8) Presence: Access to greater creativity and a quiet mind.